DISCLAIMER: DC UNIVERSE and its partners, affiliates, licensees, writers and artists are constantly coming up with new adaptations and versions of DC’s characters and related elements, so, if some day, you see something in a DC comic book or on merchandise or in any film, television or other production that reminds you of something that you included in your fan art, please understand that such similarity, in all likelihood, is coincidental, and, in any case, DC Universe and its affiliates are not agreeing to credit or pay you for the use of any element or ideas similar to those in your artwork submission.
All original illustrations or artwork you create and publicly share/tweet/post to the applicable social media platform using #DCUFANART or upload to the DCU Community, will be collectively referenced hereunder as the "Fan Art". Fan Art meeting these Guidelines may be selected and shared by DCU on various DCU social accounts (@theDCUniverse, @DCUTitans, @DoomPatrolDCU, @DCUSwampThing), as well as on DCU’s platform and email newsletters, and may be removed by DCU from its platform and social accounts at any time, at DCU’s sole and absolute discretion. You acknowledge and agree that there is no obligation to compensate or provide credit to you in any way for any use of the Fan Art by DCU.
1. From time to time via DCU’s official channels, DCU will post calls to action (“CTA”) for fan submissions of specific DC characters, comics, or series (“DC Content”). Your Fan Art must follow the theme of the then current CTA. For example, if the CTA asks for a drawing of your favorite DC’s Titans member, stick with the characters from the DC Originals Titans series. Do not create new characters and personas, or take a character from related DC comics that has not been introduced on the TV series yet.
2. Do NOT create any new characters, or design new costumes or logos for existing characters, or combine existing characters (e.g. no mashups or crossovers).
3. Do NOT create new story lines or comics panels.
4. Fan Art must comply with the terms of the applicable social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and may not infringe upon or violate the trademark, copyright, or common law rights or violate the rights of privacy or publicity of, or constitute a defamation against, any person (living or deceased) or any other rights of any person or entity.
5. Fan Art must not contain any third party owned or protected content (e.g., titles or images from movies and television shows, artwork, photos) except for the DC Content specified in the applicable CTA. All elements of the Fan Art must be 100% originally drawn or illustrated by you. No repurposing, editing, or altering existing artwork.
6. Fan Art may not be subject to, or be within the parameters of, any performing arts union or guild. Under no circumstances will any compensation, such as payment, residual, royalty, reuse or similar payments, be payable to anyone by the Site, regardless of the manner and the extent to which DCU elects to exploit the Fan Art or any portion of the Fan Art.
7. Fan Art, including any use of DC Content, must not include anything that is: (a) sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, or tortuous; (b) derogatory or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (c) unlawful; and/or (d) disparaging to DCU or is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which DCU wishes to associate (at DCU’s sole and absolute discretion).
8. If any person, or the name/likeness/image of any person, other than yourself appears in the Fan Art, you acknowledge and agree that you have obtained, prior to uploading the Fan Art, any and all releases and/or consents necessary to permit the display, exhibition, and other use of the Fan Art or any portion as set forth in these Guidelines. Any person appearing in the Fan Art must be at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in the respective state of residence, at the time the Fan Art is created.
9. Fan Art must not include any personally identifiable information about third parties (e.g., name, address, email address, phone number, etc.).
10. Fan Art must not contain any commercial or corporate advertising (such as corporate logos, brand names, and slogans), recognizable branded products, or commercial artwork other than as the same may appear in DC Content.
11. Fan Art must not be offensive, sexually suggestive, violent, racial, profane, nor slanderous.
12. Fan Art must be based exclusively on storytelling from DC’s canon and must not include any popular culture references or elements that are from other intellectual properties.
13. Fan Art must not include any religious or political references.
14. Fan Art must not include any song lyrics.
15. Fan Art must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
16. Fan Art may not be submitted by anyone making unauthorized commercial use of DC characters or properties.