To ensure an organized, healthy, and mature discussion forum, please abide by the following rules of thumb when creating a new post, or submitting a comment to an existing post.
- Read the full Community Guidelines guidelines at yourdcu.com/cmg before posting for the first time.
- All technical and billing issues MUST be reported to yourdcu.com/help for effective assistance.
- To keep our boards organized, please ensure you are posting to the correct category. For example, to make a suggestion about a platform, feature, or content you'd like to see, please post it to the Suggestion Box category.
- Please use concise, descriptive titles in your posts. Avoid ALL CAPS and spoilers.
- Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered.
- Do not post new topics or problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a primary topic of discussion.
- Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation.
- Petition posts are frowned upon.
- In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling and grammar.
- Be generous and thoughtful when responding to others.
- Low-quality, low-effort posts will be removed. Determination of post quality solely lies with the moderation team.
Low-quality posts are defined as:
- “Top Heavy” posts with long titles, and less than 10 characters in the body.
- Posts with titles or bodies that employ hyperbolic/sensational/reactionary language. Express your message thoughtfully.
- Recurring discussions such as "Am I the only one who..." posts, redundant worry/concern/hypothetical/soapbox posting, and top-heavy posts with a long title and minimal body.
- Soapbox posts are discouraged, as they tend to rely on generalizations or personal vendettas, and disrupt the informative balance of the feed.
- Clickbait, fake news, sourceless “rumors” from anonymous or other unsubstantiated sources, and other sensationalized items.
- Articles that do not link back to the original source.
Flag posts that violate these guidelines instead of responding. Leave the Firestorms to the professionals!
Please remember that our Alpha Lantern moderation team reserve the right to remove posts, or move to new categories. If you ever have any concerns about an action that was taken, please reach out to our Help Center at yourdcu.com/help. Thank you for doing your part to keep our city clean!