As a DC fan, and DC Universe member, you’re part of a very special community that shares your love of the worlds, characters, and stories of DC.
This is a place to be creative, express your passion, and connect with other fans. As a member of our community, you’ll also have access to the latest DC news, giveaways, great deals, and discussions you can’t find anywhere else! In order to ensure our that community is enjoyable, constructive, positive, and safe for all, we ask that members please keep in mind and abide by our Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct
These are the basic rules and guidelines that all community members are expected to follow. They may be modified without notice so please review them regularly. If you see a post that is offensive, trolling, spam, or otherwise violates any of these rules, please do not engage! Flag the post so that our team of moderators (aka The Alpha Lanterns) can review it and take the appropriate action.
1. Be respectful of fellow members. We all have our favorite DC characters and stories and out community should celebrate that diversity amongst our fans and properties. Please share your opinions in a constructive way and refrain from rude, insulting, demeaning, or inflammatory posts.
2. Keep it clean. Do not post explicit language or any content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, threatening, discriminatory, or offensive. (This applies to your username as well.) Do not use the service to harass, abuse, or send other unwelcome communications to people (e.g., romantic advances, sexually explicit content). Don’t defame or violate the rights of privacy or publicity or any intellectual property rights.
3. No SPOILERS! Feel free to discuss current storylines across DC’s comics, TV shows, games, or talk about our latest films, but if your post contains spoilers, please clearly include “SPOILERS” at the beginning of the post so others can avoid it if they choose to.
4. Stay on topic. Please make sure your contributions are constructive and relevant to the topics and categories they’re posted within. Do not post the same topic in more than one category, post like-topics repeatedly in a single category, or repeatedly post on the same topic within a category. Our moderators may remove content that is false, irrelevant, or generally not constructive to the conversation.
5. Practice tasteful restraint. We encourage expression through posting your own original artwork and images through profile photos and shared images. Please remember to keep all posted images free of nudity, gratuitous violence, or explicit content. See below for more on posting fan content.
6. Be yourself. Do not impersonate or misrepresent yourself as another real person or member of the community. Do not create multiple accounts. Only one DC Universe account is permitted per member for posting to the forums.
7. Don’t feed the trolls. Do not respond in kind to posts that breach this Code of Conduct, including reposting or quoting said posts. Doing this encourages continued violations and could result in moderation actions taken against your account. Instead of engaging, please flag any and all violations for The Alpha Lanterns to review.
8. Say no to spam. Don’t ever use DC Universe for promotional purposes. Do not post links or content advertising commercial endeavors (e.g., selling products or services) or otherwise engaging in commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or sweepstakes). Affiliate links, short links, and promotional clickbait are not allowed.
9. Do not advocate or promote illegal activity. You can talk about Lex Luthor, but don’t be him.
10. Be careful with personal information. You may not collect, post, or share anyone’s personal information, including sharing private messages, without express consent of that member.
11. Respect the Alpha Lanterns. Our team of moderators work hard to keep our community safe and constructive. Please do not repost deleted or locked threads or address posts to our moderators publicly. If you have questions about a moderation decision, you can contact us to discuss. However, please remember that our moderators have the final say when it comes to interpreting our Code of Conduct and keeping the community safe.
Help our Alpha Lanterns
Help our Alpha Lanterns The DC Universe moderators (aka The Alpha Lanterns) work 7 days a week to keep an eye on the forums and review flagged posts. We rely on heroes like you to maintain the peace and keep Darkseid’s minions at bay. Please do not engage with any bad behavior you see on our forums. Instead, flag the post for our moderators’ attention and we’ll review it as soon as possible.
All members are expected to adhere to the letter and spirit of our code of conduct. Our moderators are responsible for interpreting all rules and determining the appropriate way to address specific violations. Violations may result in actions such deleting or modifying content, locking threads, temporary account suspension, or permanent banishment to the Phantom Zone.
In some cases we may issue a written warning before suspending an account. Serious violations, such as harassment or hate speech, as well as posting spam may result in an immediate ban.